Oriental Rug Cleaning Services
in Charlottesville VA
Grout & Carpet Wizards cares for all type of oriental rugs from around the world. We recommend a thorough in-plant cleaning for Oriental, area, and loose woven rugs; they should not be cleaned on location like wall-to-wall carpet. Grout & Carpet Wizards will pick your rug up and bring it to our special cleaning plant where it will receive a careful cleaning process designed for maximum spot and dirt removal. Our cleaning process is gentle enough to not harm the most delicate of your antique and handmade rugs. It is important to have your rug cleaned in our plant because we use several treatments for a more thorough cleaning, controlled drying, and the use of various tools that are not available at your home.
Our Process for Cleaning your Rug
- Pre-Inspection and Pick up: We will determine as much as we possibly can about your rug. We will outline the expected results and cleaning “prescription”. Our company will come to your home to pick up your rug.
- Dry Soil Removal: Oriental rugs, especially hand-knotted ones, are designed to hide dry soil. Grout & Carpet Wizards uses a variety of techniques to “dust” the rugs from the front and back. This is the most important step to remove dirt and debris.
- Pre-Condition: Depending on fiber content and soiling type, the rug will be pre-treated to emulsify the soils.
- Pre-Spot and Fringe Prep: Any potentially difficult spots will be pre-treated with special solutions to increase chances of removal. The fringe is also pre-treated for maximum soil removal.
- Shampoo: Most rugs are cleaned with an Oriental Rug Shampoo that is especially designed to protect sensitive natural fibers.
- Rinse or Wash: The rug will either be rinsed with extraction equipment on both sides or washed in a wash pit.
- Speed Dry and Finishing: Once the soil is rinsed away, the rug is dried flat or hung to dry in a controlled environment. Proper drying is essential to avoid unnatural shrinkage. The rug is then combed and finished with gentle groomers.
- Post Inspection and Delivery: We will give the rug a final inspection and release it for delivery. Upon delivery, we will lay the rug for you.
“Angelo Jennings, the owner of Grout Wizard, is the vendor we use for all our caulking and grouting needs. He has done an outstanding job on all assigned projects.”
- Keswick Hall
“The difference in the restroom floors is unbelievable. The tile and grout almost look brand new considering they are over 20 years old...we felt it was money well spent.”
- University of Virginia
“I appreciate the fact that you scheduled the job promptly, arrived on time and finished within hours, and left everything in pristine order. We were very pleased with the result...”
- Mr. and Mrs. W.G. Landes
Why Choose Grout & Carpet Wizards?
Grout & Carpet Wizards promises outstanding results every time and guarantees our work. We use modern technology and restoration systems to make your surfaces shine.
Expect no less than absolute professional service from Grout & Carpet Wizards. We want to give you the most outstanding service experience ever!
We have served the central Virginia area with our flooring restoration services for over 10 years. All of our technicians are trained and continually attend seminars and conferences to stay up-to-date with the industry.
YOU CAN FIND US HERE